Read more about what cholesterol levels are considered high and what the cause for this can be.
The cholesterol level is considered high when it is above 5 mmol/l. High cholesterol itself doesn’t give any symptoms, but it increases the risk for heart disease which is why it is important to get it checked.
What causes high cholesterol?
Lifestyle is a main cause behind high cholesterol.
- Unhealthy eating: a high intake of saturated fats can increase cholesterol, to little fibre, fruit and vegetables
- Lack of exercise: lack of exercise/sedentary lifestyle can increase LDL cholesterol
- Obesity: being overweight increases the risk of having high levels of triglycerides and “bad” LDL cholesterol as well as low “good” HDL cholesterol
- Alcohol: regular intake of large amounts of alcohol increases cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Smoking: there is a chemical in cigarettes that stops the good work of HDL cholesterol leading to narrowing of the arteries.
High cholesterol can also be caused by underlying conditions and genetic factors.
Luckily – there are natural and proven ways to lower cholesterol!
Betavivo crispy oat hearts is a product specifically produced for lowering cholesterol and reducing the blood sugar rise after the meal. A perfect start of the day for your heart.
Read here about the cholesterol and health benefits of Betavivo or scroll down to find more interesting topics related to cholesterol and blood sugar.